50 Watt Mini Wind Gen
$149.00 FREE SHIPPING
This is a 50 watt mini wind turbine. It was designed for LOW to MEDIUM wind areas
We have sold several thousand of these turbines over the years and they have been used successfully by boaters, farmers, ranchers, RVers, campers, hunters and science classes all over the world.
Depending upon what kind of load (higher loads require more wind to begin turning) you have hooked to it, it will start turning in as little as 5-6 mph winds after it is broken in. Consider 16-18 mph winds to be perfect and and 25-35 mph winds to be maximum survivable conditions. In normal conditions (15+ mph winds) this unit will begin to charge a 12 volt battery. It’s maximum output in ideal conditions is 25 volts and 2 amps. You may or may not see the same results in real world conditions.
Wind power really works! Many folks use these micro turbines with their solar panels when providing power to remote barns, shops, cabins, fence chargers, gate openers, sailboats etc.
Connecting this turbine couldn’t be simpler. After mounting the turbine onto a pole or pipe that allows it to operate in clean air, connect the positive and negative wires from the turbine to the positive and negative terminals of your battery using 14 or 16 gauge wire.
The output of this unit was verified during open voltage tests and direct short amperage tests under controlled conditions.
Both the output and function of each turbine is verified before boxing.
Here’s a detailed description of the item:
* The unit is very small, about 20″ long from the tip of the prop to the end of the tailfin.
* It comes with a blocking diode installed so as not to discharge your battery when the wind isn’t turning the turbine.
- This turbine utilizes our new modular motor housing / frame for a weatherproof , lightweight, strong assembly. This system is made on CNC machines utilizing modern polymers. The motor arbor, hub and tail fin mount are also CNC manufactured using the same polymer.
- The downtube (the part that slips into your mounting pole, etc.) is .730″ O.D. and can sit in any pipe that is slightly larger in diameter..
- The tail fin (which keeps it pointed into the wind) is made of white plastic.
- 5 blades (12″ each) come with this turbine. They are made from pvc plastic.
- The unit comes 95% assembled and anyone can bolt on the tail fin and install the prop in less than 5 minutes.
- The turbine weighs about 2.5 pounds.