5 PANEL FREEZE PROTECTED KIT
Our Freeze Protected Solar Water Heating Kit allows you to install a solar hot water system you can operate year round. This kit includes SW-38 Panels and a Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger with a special food grade heat transfer fluid (DOWFROST) to create a separate freeze protected loop. Filling your separate loop is easy with our Glycol Fill Valve. Please use our Glycol Calculator to determine the dilution ratio for winter conditions in your area as well as the total amount of glycol concentrate you need. As with all our systems they connect directly to your existing water heater and don’t interfere with existing source of heat (gas or electric). This way you can enjoy hot water even during long cloudy periods.
Each panel weighs 12 lbs. and is 24″ by 24″ but can still provide you with ample hot water. You can begin your system with a few panels and add more if you need more. With this kit you DO NOT have to solder at all! Each kit comes with installation instructions
All You have to supply is:
- Your choice of 1/2″ Pipe from the panels to the water heater (Copper, CPVC, or PEX)
- Fasteners to attach the panels to the roof, and the parts to feed the pipes through the roof if needed.
- Insulation for the pipes.
- Your existing Water Heater
- Tools needed for installation